Friday, March 20, 2015

Dancing With Daffodils



It's time for another look at March's Instant Garden new release.  Marcella has wowed us with her image and then the Instant Garden design team presented it. Introducing Dancing With Daffodils.  It is available HERE for immediate stamping wonderfulness.  All of Power Poppy digital and clear stamps can be purchased HERE.







There is so much to love about this image.




 Back in January Ally, being the superstar that she is, created a tutorial for Paper Toling.  You can find it here...Paper Tole.  I thought this was the perfect set to try out that technique.  I printed out my daffodils twice and carefully cut them out and popped them up.  

I even slimmed up the cute little snail so he looked real by adding some diamond glaze and glitter to his little shell. 

My own daffodils are amazing right now.  I hope they can withstand the harsh weather we are going to get. 80 one day and 40 the next.  Good thing they are hardy. If you would like you can check out the Power Poppy Pinterest Board HERE for more inspiration with this set. 

Now check out what the Bloom Brigade has for you this week:

Dina Kowal

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Dawn!! This is just the sweetest and most delicate card!! I love this image on its side and how the shape of the die with the out-of-the-box technique!! And your coloring is gorgeous! The embossing background with the matting is beautiful and elegant, and the pretty seam binding is perfect finishing touch!! I love it!! Hugs! (And I love your daffodils in your garden!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft colors on this image, Dawn. And I like the way you have angled the image on this delightful card. Nice focus for the snail too. Lovely all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your popped up elements and your slimey snail :) just gorgeous colouring too! My tulips were peeking up from the ground....and then we got a couple inches of snow last night....spring will be delayed here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Dawn! Love the popped up elements and the added gloss and glitter to your little snail. Love the die cut focal shape. You have flowers blooming.... SO jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous details with the paper tole and the gloss, Dawn! Your coloring is superb -- love how you added a bit of green to the daffodil blooms. I'm nuts about embossing, too, so that is a lovely touch to your card, as well. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical coloring Dawn. I love how you turned your image on its side. Love your Daffodils outside. Beautiful. I bought this image and am posting my card Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love daffodils and I love your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fantastic! I wouldn't have thought to set the image sideways, but it is beautiful that way! Your coloring is awesome as always and I love that gorgeous embossed background. And of course, your bow! What a perfect card for the first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful! Oh Dawn this is spring at its best. I like the flowers to the side and your coloring rocks! Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet - love that you turned the image on its side and embossed the background. Lovely coloring and nice, shiny snail! Thanks for sharing your beautiful daffodils, too. Spring is trying to get a foothold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn this is beautiful and I LOVE the way you've popped up elements and 'slimed the snail'!! How clever and adds such fabulous elements to this card!! Your garden daffodils are beautiful too - it is far too hot to grow daffodils here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such rich coloring Dawn!! And I love your glossy snail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is lovely, Dawn! Thanks for sharing spring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..