Friday, December 12, 2014

Friends



 
Sorry for my long absence away from my blog.  Our children were  home for Thanksgiving and what a wonderful time we had with them.


 
I took a break from the last Power Poppy release and enjoyed our time together.  Just knowing I won't see them for Christmas...well we won't go there. 
 
 
This beautiful newly released digital image from Power Poppy is called Winter Pick Me Up.  I realize that the Galanthus ‘Ophelia’ that Marcy illustrated are not usually orange and yellow.  I have a sweet friend that had us over for dinner and her favorite color is orange so I wanted to give her a little thank you.  (she doesn't know I stamp so it will be an extra surprise).  I just love the pussy willows that Marcy included.  The lady that took care of my sisters and I had pussy willows and we would pick them and rub them on our cheeks.  They were soft and fuzzy.  Great memories. 
This set is available for immediate gratification over at the Power Poppy store:  Winter Pick Me Up.
 
Now check out what the Bloom Bridage has for you this week:
 

10 comments:

  1. I just love the colours you chose Dawn...the oranges and green are so great together. I’m so glad you had time with your whole family at Thanksgiving. Beautiful kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness girl -- this coloring is OFF THE CHARTS BEAUTIFUL! What a thoughtful thing to color up these beauties for a friend who loves orange, they are stunning! Love the picture of the kiddos -- you are so blessed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful in the orange and yellow tones. Heck, I colored one all purple, so why not orange? Really love the warm tones, anyway. Gorgeous! It's hard when your babies start to grow up and away. I only had one, so it wasn't so bad, and he's only a few hours away. Give extra love to the ones you're with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful Dawn! I love pussy willows too! Very nostalgic memories of my grandmother's house! Beautiful coloring and so glad you had a wonderful time with your family!!! We did too! Busy times but wonderful times! Just got your card today and it's just amazing!!!! Thank you so much and yes, definitely, after Christmas we NEED to do coffee!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Dawn. Love that picture of your children. So happy you got to enjoy them. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is your card just beautiful, but so is your family! You look more like sisters than mother/daughters! And your son is just as handsome as his sisters are gorgeous! My daughter can't make it for Xmas this year either so I am kind of scrambling to come up with plan B too. I'm so glad you got to spend time with them at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special to have your children home for Thanksgiving Dawn! And what a beautiful photo! Love your warm and richly colored card too! The oranges are so vibrant but give off such warmth at the same time! Your coloring is always an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! Your daughters and son are so good-looking and well color coordinated!! What fun to have them all together; I know as Moms we cherish that time. I hope your Christmas is still very special with whomever or however you spend it. I'm glad you're still creating on your blog; it's my one way to keep in touch! Beautiful card, I love the depth of colors with the pop of orange and the perfect layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Dawn, the kids are beautiful (and handsome)! How amazing - they are growing so, and I'm so glad you took the time with them at Thanksgiving! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! You KNOW how much I LOVE your coloring, and this is stunning! Your colors are beautiful, and I love the great layout with your wonderful tulle! Wishing you and your precious family a blessed and joyous Christmas, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a Happy New Year.. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..